- Thursday 14 January, 4.30-5.30pm: Building a reading culture in your classroom
- Wednesday 20 January, 4.30-5.30pm: Starting a staff book club in your school
- Thursday 28 January, 4.30-5.30pm: Supporting school improvement through the First Minister's Reading Challenge
- Thursday 4 February, 4.30-5.30pm: Book discovery for primary schools (non-fiction)
- Tuesday 9 February, 4.30-5.30pm: Creating a writing culture in your school
- Monday 22 February, 4.30-5.30pm: Book discovery for secondary schools (LGBT+ History Month)
- Wednesday 24 February, 4.30-6.00pm: First Minister's Reading Challenge shared practice
If you would like to hear our recommendations of some great new books for children and young people, plus ideas for how to use them in the classroom, join us on Twitter for #ChildrensBookChat. The next chat will be on Wednesday 3 February 8-9pm so make sure you pop the date in your diary.
What to expect
We are currently delivering all of our training through Zoom, and we publish recordings of all sessions shortly afterwards. Our sessions focus on a range of topics.
Building a reading culture in your school
This session explores how you and your colleagues can work together to make reading for pleasure a top priority across the whole school. It includes real life examples from schools across Scotland, and top tips for using the First Minister's Reading Challenge and other Scottish Book Trust programmes to support your work.
Building a reading culture in your classroom
This session for primary teachers will help you nurture a love of reading within your classroom, and includes real life examples and guidance for using Scottish Book Trust programmes for support.
These sessions are a great way to discover new books to share with your school, library or community group - the perfect setting to connect with other learning professionals and share recommendations.
If you're returning to the Reading Challenge this year, this session can help you sustain your progress and build on it with some new and creative ideas from previous winners and other participants.