Wherever you are on your reading journey, our online and local events offer you information and inspiration to help you make the most of the First Minister's Reading Challenge. You can also find some quick inspiration from schools, libraries and community groups who have taken part before in our video playlist.
We would love to welcome you to one of our upcoming local CLPL sessions. Please see below for details.
East Lothian: Building a Reading Culture in your Primary School. Friday 31 January 2020 1.30-3pm. Book via CPD Manager.
Highland: Building a Reading Culture in your Secondary School webinar via Zoom. Monday 9 March 4.30-5.30pm. Book via Zoom.
Details and dates of other local CLPL sessions in some local authorities and future webinars will be announced soon! If you would be interested in attending or hosting a CLPL session in your local authority or cluster, please get in touch with us.
Online and local CLPL sessions for public library staff are available on request. If your library service is taking part in the Reading Challenge and you are interested in this opportunity, please get in touch with us.
If you've only got a few minutes to spare, check out one of our videos from a school, library or community group in Scotland who have shared their reading journey with us.
- Pupil voice at Fernielea School, Aberdeen
- Whole school literacy at St John's RC High School, Dundee
- Book Doctors at Duloch Library, Fife
- Adapting the Reading Challenge to suit pupils' needs at The Royal Blind School, Edinburgh
- Reading for wellbeing at Hillhead High School, Glasgow
- Pupil leadership for a sustainable reading culture at St John's Primary School, South Ayrshire
- Community partnerships around reading at Aberlemno Primary School, Angus
- A fun and focused approach to reading for pleasure at Whitburn Academy, West Lothian
- Creative activities in Gaelic and English at Sgoil nan Loch, Eilean Siar
- Developing reading spaces and staff knowledge at Cowie Primary School, Stirling