While schools are closed, we are pleased to offer online training on a variety of topics, giving you inspiration and practical advice wherever you are on your reading journey. You can also find some quick inspiration from schools, libraries and community groups who have taken part before in our video playlist.
We would love to welcome you to one of our upcoming webinars. Please see below for details.
- Tuesday 5 May, 10.30am: Making the most of Read, Write, Count at home
- Thursday 7 May, 10.30am: Sustaining your reading culture during lockdown
- Thursday 14 May, 2.30pm: Reading books aloud with Scottish Book Trust
- Tuesday 19 May, 10.30am: Sustaining your writing culture during lockdown
- Thursday 21 May, 10.30am: Book Chatroom - secondary schools
- Wednesday 27 May, 10.30am: Book Chatroom - primary schools
- Monday 15 June, 10.30am: Staff book clubs
If you've only got a few minutes to spare, check out one of our videos from a school, library or community group in Scotland who have shared their reading journey with us.
- Pupil voice at Fernielea School, Aberdeen
- Whole school literacy at St John's RC High School, Dundee
- Book Doctors at Duloch Library, Fife
- Adapting the Reading Challenge to suit pupils' needs at The Royal Blind School, Edinburgh
- Reading for wellbeing at Hillhead High School, Glasgow
- Pupil leadership for a sustainable reading culture at St John's Primary School, South Ayrshire
- Community partnerships around reading at Aberlemno Primary School, Angus
- A fun and focused approach to reading for pleasure at Whitburn Academy, West Lothian
- Creative activities in Gaelic and English at Sgoil nan Loch, Eilean Siar
- Developing reading spaces and staff knowledge at Cowie Primary School, Stirling